Monthly Activity Calendar:
About Raise the Grade:
- Raise the Grade is a FREE program, however registration is required
- For Middle School and High School youth ages 13-19.
- Raise the Grade runs Monday-Friday, 5:30-7:30pm.
- The program runs out of our Tech Centre in the Fredericton Boys and Girls Club at 499 Canterbury Drive.
Raise the Grade is a national Boys and Girls Club program of free academic assistance that aims to provide youth with the skills, tools and support to enable them to excel academically and secure their future success in middle school, high school and beyond.
Youth who join the program gain access to:
- Free homework help, with tutors who can assist with any academic subject, including any math course.
- A licensed educator who can assist with school work in English or French
- A quiet space to do homework
- A space to collaborate with friends
- Access to computers with high speed internet
- Support applying for post-secondary and scholarships
- Life-skills sessions, such as healthy cooking, money management, active living, job skills and more.
With designated time and space at our Skyline Acres location specifically for Raise the Grade, youth are able to connect with friends and mentors, explore personal interests, build resumes and gain skills useful to the workforce all in an inclusive, engaging and supportive environment.
Registration for this program is required but is completely free!
In association with Boys and Girls Clubs of Canada – Raise the Grade
Boys and Girls Clubs of Canada delivers a multi-faceted education program called Raise the Grade, aimed at increasing academic skills, high school graduation rates and access to post-secondary education for youth from a select group of Boys and Girls Clubs across the country.
The Boys and Girls Club of Fredericton is pleased and proud to be part of Raise the Grade. The program gives youth the tools and opportunities to excel in school and go on to become successful and independent. Young people can explore their personal interests and connect with mentors, tutors and friends while enhancing their digital literacy through this after-school program. Our Raise the Grade technology centre provides a designated space with access to high-speed Internet, Chromebooks and computers in order to support learning. A positive, collaborative environment helps youth feel comfortable and engaged and is reserved for Raise the Grade participants at specific times during the week.
For more information about our Fredericton Program please contact
The Education Manager: Jessie-Anne Peace
472-5112 or, please fill out the following form: