Monthly Activity Calendar:
Additional information on programs listed on calendar:
- Fare Advantage- Tuesdays 5:30-7:30- Ages 13-19 – A FREE weekly program focused on healthy living. We will learn about nutrition, how to plan meals, how to safely handle food, and how to cook good meals. We also have the opportunity to try out different physical activities outside of traditional team sports with certified instructors. Registration is required.
- School Cents- Financial Literacy – Wednesdays 6:00-7:30- Ages 13-19 – A FREE weekly program focused on money matters. We will learn about budgeting, taxes, investing, entrepreneurship, and paying for post-secondary education and/or training. We will have some fun competitions along the way and learn some very valuable life skills. Registration is required.
- Keystone- Thursdays 6:00-7:30- Ages 13-19 – A FREE leadership program from the Boys and Girls Club of Canada. It is an opportunity to develop teamwork and leadership skills, learn about healthy living, volunteer at the club, and do community service projects- all while having a good time. Registration is required.
About Raise the Grade:
Our program runs Monday-Friday, 5:30-7:30pm.
Raise the Grade is a national program of free academic assistance that aims to provide youth with the skills, tools and opportunities to enable them to excel academically and secure their future success in high school and beyond.
Youth who join the program gain access to:
- Free homework help, with tutors that can assist with any subject
- A licensed educator that can assist with school work in English/French
- A quiet space to do homework
- A space to collaborate with friends
- Access to computers with high speed internet
With designated time and space at our Skyline Acres location specifically for Raising the Grade, youth are able to connect with friends and mentors, explore personal interests, build resumes and gain skills useful to the workforce all in an inclusive, engaging and supportive environment.
We reserve Friday nights for fun activities like baking, board games, and gym nights.
Registration for this program is required but is completely free!
In association with Boys and Girls Clubs of Canada – Raise the Grade
Boys and Girls Clubs of Canada delivers a multi-faceted education program called Raise the Grade, aimed at increasing academic skills, high school graduation rates and access to post-secondary education for at-risk youth from a select group of Boys and Girls Clubs across the country.
The Boys and Girls Club of Fredericton is pleased and proud to be part of Raise the Grade. The program gives youth the tools and opportunities to excel in school and go on to become successful and independent. Young people can explore their personal interests and connect with mentors, tutors and friends while enhancing their digital literacy through this after-school program. Our Raise the Grade technology centre provides a designated space with access to high-speed Internet and up-to-date computers in order to support learning. A positive, collaborative environment helps youth feel comfortable and engaged and is reserved for Raise the Grade participants at specific times during the week. Outside of the program hours, the Raisng the Grade technology centre is open to all Club members. www.raisingthegrade.ca .
For more information about our Fredericton Program please contact
The Education Manager: Jessie-Anne Peace
To contact the Education Manager, please fill out the following form: